KTH is the premier technical University in Sweden and accounts for one-third of Sweden’s technical research and engineering education at university level. KTH offers a large number of Master's programs in English. KTH has extensive international collaboration with universities in Europe, US, Australia, and increasingly in Asia. The Division of Transportation and Logistics is involved in research and education, related to planning, design and operations of auto traffic, public transport rail, and logistics systems. Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), traffic congestion, rail timetable development, high speed rail, capacity analysis of transportation facilities, user perspective of public transport services, green goods transport, and freight transportation are examples of key application areas. The traffic group has established a data collection laboratory with extensive equipment consisting of data loggers, video cameras (and a mobile tower), and an equipped vehicle.
Role in the project
Main tasks will be:
- Participation to the Inception Meeting, Project Management Board Meetings, and Field Monitoring Visits in the Egyptian universities;
- Analysis of Med training requirements;
- Share and consolidation of course contents;
- Preparation of teaching materials for the modules Introduction to transportation systems and traffic analysis, Highway design in urban areas, Advanced traffic management systems, and Highway safety fundamentals;
- Training of the Med teaching staff on above-mentioned modules by workshops and webinars;
- Internship of Med students in the Highway Engineering Laboratory;
- Tutoring thesis preparation and participation to master thesis discussion in Egypt and Lebanon;
- Participation to quality assurance process;
- Support to dissemination & exploitation by participation to info day events in Tunisia and final road shows in Egypt and Lebanon.