The Lebanese University is the only public institution for higher learning in Lebanon. The university has 17 faculties, including two institutes, and serves various cultural, religious, and social groups of students and teachers.
The independent university enjoys administrative, academic, and financial freedom. Among its educational goals are:
- creating a unique mix of cultures, and
- providing the basic and necessary education to allow students to enter various professions.
The Lebanese University was established in 1951 to serve the diverse social groups that make up Lebanese society, and to provide a high-level institution in which students can acquire university degrees. It was launched amid a growth in the number of students in grades 10-12.
At today, a department of civil engineering exists but no specific courses related to Highway and Traffic Engineering are established.
Role in the project:
LU will take part in:
- Assessment study on HiT curricula requirements;
- Sharing and consolidation of course contents;
- Review of the teaching material prepared by EU universities;
- Translation of the teaching material in French language;
- Accreditation of HiT Master course;
- Selection of teachers which will be trained in workshops and webinars;
- Participation to workshops and webinars;
- Interview and selection of master students;
- Master course implementation;
- Supervision of students internship and selection of 3 students which will make internships in the EU labs;
- Supervision of Master thesis;
- Quality assurance process;
- Dissemination and exploitation activities, organising and hosting info days and final road shows;
- Inception meeting and Project Management Board meetings.