In 1970, United Nations Development Programme, UNDP recommended establishing AASTMT as a regional institute for transport in cooperation with International Maritime Consultancy Organization of Governments and the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development, UNCTAD. In 1979, AASTMT decided to set up an examination centre to qualify captains, deck officers and marine engineers to get the necessary competence certificates to work on board high seas ships. Over more than 30 years, AASTMT had many achievements in Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo and South of the Valley) in education, training and research in the fields of maritime transport, engineering and management sciences, through its colleges and centres, such as: College of Maritime Transport, College of Engineering, College of Computing and Technology, College of International Transport, College of Management, Integrated Simulators Complex. Currently 20,000 UG and PG students, 1000 researchers work on the AASTMT different campuses.
Role in the project:
AASTMT will take part in:
- Assessment study on HiT curricula requirements;
- Sharing and consolidation of course contents;
- Review of the teaching material prepared by EU universities;
- Accreditation of HiT Master course;
- Selection of teachers which will be trained in workshops and webinars;
- Participation to workshops and webinars;
- Interview and selection of master students;
- Master course implementation;
- Supervision of students’ internship and selection of 3 students which will make internships in the EU labs;
- Supervision of Master thesis;
- Quality assurance process;
- Dissemination and exploitation activities, organising and hosting info days and final road shows;
- Inception meeting and Project Management Board meetings.